Location: Los Alamos, NM → Remote with travel during COVID-19
Compensation: $130K – $175K+ plus performance incentives and health/welfare benefits
About the opportunity:
Pebble Labs is a cutting-edge biotechnology company dedicated to creating safe, sustainable solutions for global food security issues. Our mission is to develop breakthrough disruptive technologies that address the greatest agriculture, aquaculture, and environmental challenges facing the globe. We are rapidly growing and are looking for enthusiastic and driven contributors to join a multicultural and diverse science team.
This role will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and be responsible for coordinating scientific consortia, and managing and processing data for all research initiatives and deadlines. We are looking for an exceptional candidate who has deep experience in working with research facilities, preferably industry, on pulling, interpreting, and compiling data and reports for multiple research divisions. The Senior Scientific Program Manager role will be responsible for a number of programs and projects across the organization.
Pebble Labs is located in the scientific hub of Los Alamos, New Mexico and draws upon the synergy of one of the top laboratories in the United States. Neighboring Santa Fé and Taos communities with its diverse cultural, artistic and music scene, together with outdoors activities including skiing, hiking and fishing in the southern tip of the Rocky Mountains, offers a unique living and family friendly environment.
What is required in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, biochemistry, or related life science discipline
- Preferably a Master’s or PhD in a life sciences field
- PMP or Agile certification highly desired
- 10+ years of a successful track record of research or project management experience, preferably industry related experience
- Profound project management experience with core-functional leadership skills that service, inspire, and motivate others within the organization
- Extensive experience overseeing all major activities of data coordinator for research facility, including working with project leads and science leads on facilitating and sustaining cohesive, high-functioning project teams
- Demonstrated experience and scientific and technical excellence in project management software and excel or other spreadsheet program
- Experience ensuring that all deliverables are met with attention to quality and effective communications with the team, client and other stakeholders plus that projects are completed on time, within budget and within scope
- Drives changes and functional excellence to new and existing processes in close collaboration with execution leadership
- Understands and embraces the risks of an early stage developing company and will train and educate teams on how to thrive in this environment.
- Closely aligns and guides division leaders on budget and staff allocation tracking status and ensures up to date accurate reporting
- Strong leadership, strategic, analytical and critical thinking, combined with the ability to make decisions in complex and ambiguous situations
- Communication Impact – strong written and verbal communication skills with project teams
- Collaboration – team player who can work in a high activity, fast-paced environment
- Self-Starter – Highly motivated and tenacious, self-starter who can work independently and able to collaborate with divisions and is able to assimilate new information quickly
- Additional leadership skills including: personal integrity and accountability, commitment to quality and excellence, broad institutional motivation and focus, and people development including mentoring, team building, and resolving conflicts among personnel
- Detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Experience planning, organizing, leading, and monitoring a wide variety of team efforts to their successful completion with expertise and experienced counsel