Location: Los Alamos, NM (Remote with travel during COVID-19)
Compensation: $100K – $135K plus benefits
About this opportunity:
Pebble Labs is a cutting-edge biotechnology company dedicated to creating safe, sustainable solutions for global food security issues. Our mission is to develop breakthrough disruptive technologies that address the greatest agriculture, aquaculture, and environmental challenges facing the globe. We are rapidly growing and are looking for enthusiastic and driven contributors to join a multicultural and diverse scientific team.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to join a growing research and development team devoted to developing solutions for emerging diseases in aquaculture that impact global food security. The ideal candidate will be expected to carry out and manage international trials and research to achieve project and company goals related to discovery, research, development, project support, and commercialization.
Pebble Labs is located in the scientific hub of Los Alamos, New Mexico and draws upon the synergy of one of the top laboratories in the United States. Neighboring Santa Fé and Taos communities with its diverse cultural, artistic and music scene, together with outdoors activities including skiing, hiking and fishing in the southern tip of the Rocky Mountains, offers a unique living and family friendly environment.
What we’re looking for:
- PhD in aquaculture sciences, microbiology, biology, immunology, or related field of study, preferably focused on aquaculture diseases
- At least five (5) years of experience in aquaculture in an industry setting
- At least 2 years of experience managing clinical trials including designing and conducting
- Preferably experience in an international commercial environment
- Core background in crustacean aquaculture, crustacean farming, crustacean nutrition and diseases
- Extensive experience in disease management in aquaculture with an emphasis on shrimp
- Strong skills in project planning, financing, management, implementation and evaluation
- Strong Molecular biology and microbiology skills
- Extensive experience participating in research projects, investigations and aquatic/biological studies in which the scope and objectives are established and based on standardized procedures and participates in translating the outcomes and results to form recommendations for management
- Demonstration of excellence in scientific productivity through peer-reviewed publications in high impact journals as lead contributor
- Demonstration of innovative science productivity
- Communication Impact – excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstration of capability to work well collaboratively and to transition efficiently to new projects as needed
- Demonstrated critical thinking, data analysis, and problem solving skills
- Availability to travel within and outside of the USA (30% – 50%)